Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » Removing reference of datafiles
Removing reference of datafiles [message #53944] Fri, 18 October 2002 22:11 Go to next message
Deepak Khemani
Hi all... I have got myself into trouble... I will brief my problem... I have a sun solaris server... the machine was upgraded with new hard disks.. I had created datafiles into it.... The hard disk were removed without my notice ... The problem now is, that i am not able to start up my database... Whenever i startup it gives

ORA-01122: database file 14 failed verification check
ORA-01110: data file 14: '/ora/ora1/app/oracle/OraHome1/oradata/probe/NDMC/ts_nd
mc02.dbf'
ORA-01251: Unknown File Header Version read for file number 14

I would like to mention here that the Database gets mounted.. I donot want to recover the datafile and I just want to reove its reference
I would appreciate if somebody could guide me to rectify this problem
Regards
Re: Removing reference of datafiles [message #53947 is a reply to message #53944] Sat, 19 October 2002 11:48 Go to previous messageGo to next message
Trifon Anguelov
That would be:

alter database datafile 'xxx' offline drop;

Hope that helps,

clio_usa
OCP - DBA

Visit our Web site

no does'nt work [message #53950 is a reply to message #53944] Mon, 21 October 2002 01:28 Go to previous message
B
If the database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode, you must specify the DROP clause to take a datafile offline. However, the DROP clause does not remove the datafile from the database. To do that, you must drop the tablespace in which the datafile resides. Until you do so, the datafile remains in the data dictionary with the status RECOVER or OFFLINE.

If the database is in ARCHIVELOG mode, Oracle ignores the DROP keyword.
Previous Topic: max_extents almost reached
Next Topic: NLS_LANG Problem
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 00:29:55 CDT 2024