Home » RDBMS Server » Server Administration » omf feature doesn't function
omf feature doesn't function [message #57441] Mon, 16 June 2003 08:21 Go to next message
freewill
hi all!
i have just test the omf (oracle-managed file)feature of oracle9i R2.the code is as following:
sql>alter system set db_create_file_dest='g:oracleoradataora9i'
sql>create tablespace test datafile size 50M ;
sql>drop tablespace test;
the " create" command create the tablespace "test" and a associated datafile under the 'g:oracleoradataora9i' folder.and the "drop " command dropped the tablespace and its datafile.it works well.
but when i issue following code:
sql>alter system set db_create_file_dest='g:oracleoradataora9i'
sql>create tablespace test datafile 'test.dbf' size 50M ;
sql>drop tablespace test;

datafile of the newly created tablespace "test" was placed under the %oracle_home%/database folder ,other than 'g:oracleoradataora9i' .and the "drop " command cann't remove the datafile automatically.why the db_create_file_dest parameter doesn't function? can't i create a tablespace with a datafile name assiged to it?

regards!
Re: omf feature doesn't function [message #57466 is a reply to message #57441] Tue, 17 June 2003 12:04 Go to previous message
ctg
when you give the filename you are not using the OMF feature. OMF creates the locations based on your init.ora file parameters ut it creates the filenames. By you giving the filename, it tells oracle that you are not using OMF.
Previous Topic: DATA MASK IN SQL LOADER
Next Topic: ORA - 00257 error
Goto Forum:

Current Time: Fri Sep 20 12:34:28 CDT 2024